Thursday, April 15, 2010

I am looking for the poem that Beth Moore read from a viewer in session 4 of the Daniel bible study re:Babylon

I am in a bible study with a group of ladies and we just did session four of the study, and I really liked the poem that Beth Moore read that she received from a viewer about our Babylon society, I really hope someone can get me this poem so I can read it and apply it to my life.

I am looking for the poem that Beth Moore read from a viewer in session 4 of the Daniel bible study re:Babylon
I have no idea what poem you are referring to, but I have always liked this poem by Shelley which aptly applies to the pride and arrogance of a ruler/nation similar to ancient Bablylon.





OZYMANDIAS


I met a traveller from an antique land


Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone


Stand in the desert. Near them on the sand,


Half sunk, a shatter'd visage lies, whose frown


And wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command


Tell that its sculptor well those passions read


Which yet survive, stamp'd on these lifeless things,


The hand that mock'd them and the heart that fed.


And on the pedestal these words appear:


"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:


Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"





Nothing beside remains: round the decay


Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,


The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Reply:I haven't heard this particular presentation; however, you might can order a audio version from http://www.lifeway.com/lwc/article_main_...


No comments:

Post a Comment